Employment Position: Network Engineer: GG-WC
SAFARI Montage provides 12,000 U.S. schools with fully integrated Digital Learning Environment tools, including the most refined K-12 Learning Object Repository and digital learning tools; a Video Streaming Library from leading broadcasters such as PBS, ABC/Disney Education (Bill Nye: The Science Guy), BBC, Nat Geo, Schlessinger Media, The History Channel, and Bio; plus IPTV and Live Media Streaming software and hardware solutions designed to handle video efficiently. The software is presently deployed on premises on appliances inside school district WANs in their data centers. SAFARI Montage enjoys a number IMS Global interoperability standards certifications and awards, working with virtually all classroom technology, mobile devices and district systems. The full suite of integrated modules provides a single interface for users to access and manage the full spectrum of digital curriculum resources licensed or created or free from within the school district network or from home.
Reporting to the Director of IT, the Network Engineer will:
- Manage all local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) operation
- Ensure highly efficient and reliable operation of all network communications to meet company demands
- Assist in conducting analyses of new technologies and recommendations for system configurations and network design
- Implementation of wired and wireless network software/hardware installation and monitoring
- Manage a multi-site VOIP implementation based on Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Minimize hardware/software downtime on related equipment within network services, telecommunications and throughout various departments to maximize performance, efficiency and productivity
- Hardware, software and security support for hosted web sites
- Manage and monitor Internet connectivity and MPLS inter-site communications
- Manage and maintain network-centric server/software applications
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum 5 years of experience in the following:
- Network administration, design and implementation in a mixed Windows, Linux LAN/WAN environment using TCP/IP protocol on an Ethernet topology
- Experience with Cisco or comparable routers, security appliances, switches, reverse-proxy SSL-acceleration appliances
- Experience with QOS implementation, routing protocols, VLANs, link aggregation, SSL-VPN and IPsec
- Experience with wireless devices and wireless protocols
- Windows 7/10, Windows Server 20xx troubleshooting, including network configuration
- Security appliance (Firewall) configuration and management
- Network security, disaster recovery, documentation and performance monitoring
- Cisco Certification preferred.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other discipline required
SAFARI Montage offers a competitive salary and strong benefits plan, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending plans, 401(k) and more.
If you would like to join our dynamic team, please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job title in the subject line.
SAFARI Montage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Director of IT
How to Apply
There are several ways to apply for a position at SAFARI Montage.
Submit your resume with cover letter and salary requirements via e-mail to email@example.com. Be sure to include the Job Code on the Subject line of your message.
Send your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to:
Attn: Job Code
P.O. Box 680
Conshohocken, PA 19428
You may also Fax your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to 610-645-4070. Please include the Job Code on the attention line of your cover letter and salary requirements.
No Phone Inquiries will be taken
SAFARI Montage is an Equal Opportunity Employer