Employment Position: Quality Assurance Associate: QAA
SAFARI Montage provides 12,000 U.S. schools with fully integrated Digital Learning Environment tools, including the most refined K-12 Learning Object Repository and digital learning tools; a Video Streaming Library from leading broadcasters such as PBS, ABC/Disney Education (Bill Nye: The Science Guy), BBC, Nat Geo, Schlessinger Media, The History Channel, and Bio; plus IPTV and Live Media Streaming software and hardware solutions designed to handle video efficiently. The software is presently deployed on premises on appliances inside school district WANs in their data centers. SAFARI Montage enjoys a number IMS Global interoperability standards certifications and awards, working with virtually all classroom technology, mobile devices and district systems. The full suite of integrated modules provides a single interface for users to access and manage the full spectrum of digital curriculum resources licensed or created or free from within the school district network or from home.
We are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Associate. Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, Hardware/Software Development, the primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Execute test plans related to SAFARI Montage and related third party systems and equipment;
- Perform system integration, performance, regression, functional, and user acceptance testing;
- Work with QA Analyst(s) to develop test scenarios with detailed test plans and scripts, based on system specifications, requirements, and communication with Developers;
- Execute test scripts on various product releases and validate actual versus expected results;
- Record all defects found during test cycles, track the defects and retest fixed programs;
- Verify issues reported by customers and technical support staff;
- Offer focused suggestions to improve product and achieve defined feature goals;
- Support documentation of new releases and features in support of application help, system release notes, and related material;
- Participate in general release planning and activities as required with QA staff and Developers;
- Assist QA management with special projects as assigned; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (media-related field or computer science preferred);
- 1+ years of QA experience in software/hardware usability; familiarity with Linux/Unix command-line interface a plus;
- Familiarity with digital media, specifically QuickTime and Flash video; candidate should be also be well-versed in Microsoft Office;
- Must possess good organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, a strong ability to collaborate, critical thinking skills, precise attention to detail, and the ability to work independently; must be team-oriented, with the ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven environment;
- Candidate must be able to work productively in a fast-paced production environment where quick turn-around is expected. Some overtime is required.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
SAFARI Montage offers a competitive salary and strong benefits plan,including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending plans, 401(k) and more.
Quality Assurance Manager
How to Apply
There are several ways to apply for a position at SAFARI Montage.
Submit your resume with cover letter and salary requirements via e-mail to email@example.com. Be sure to include the Job Code on the Subject line of your message.
Send your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to:
Attn: Job Code
P.O. Box 680
Conshohocken, PA 19428
You may also Fax your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to 610-645-4070. Please include the Job Code on the attention line of your cover letter and salary requirements.
No Phone Inquiries will be taken
SAFARI Montage is an Equal Opportunity Employer