Employment Position: Software Developer: SD-SM
SAFARI Montage is the leading K-12 Learning Object Repository, Video Streaming Library, IPTV & Live Media Streaming provider. The Digital Learning Platform provides an interoperable tool for users to co-mingle procured digital resources, created content and curated OERs, and then manage and search all learning objects to create playlists, which can then also be linked to an LMS. The platform is IMS certified in LTI, Common Cartridge, OneRoster and CASE.
SAFARI Montage servers come preloaded with educational video titles tied to the curriculum from the industry's leading video publishers, which include Schlessinger Media, PBS, The History Channel, National Geographic, Scholastic, Disney Education, BBC and more.
We are currently looking for a Software Developer. Reporting to the CIO, the Software Developer will participate in all phases of the development lifecycle, participate fully in core product development, and be responsible for SAFARI Montage cloud and locally hosted application, as well as contribute to FreeBSD-based platform development. This exciting opportunity will afford you the ability to advance your skills by working with a team of talented development staff and a wide range of technologies.
This position can be located in Kalamazoo, MI or West Conshohocken, PA.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Work closely with the CIO and senior staff to understand new development requirements and priorities;
• Direct day-to-day activities to complete assigned development projects and communicate status;
• Analyze new product development and platform requirements, research solutions, and complete system designs;
• Support platform engineering and upgrade processes to optimize and maintain FreeBSD releases, patches, and application ports releases to ensure performance, reliability, security, and support all new requirements;
• Work with QA to support product testing, prepare developer release notes, and resolve defects;
• Prepare technical documentation as required and communicate changes to internal staff;
• Interface with the technical support staff on field issues as required, and;
• All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
• BS in Computer Science, or related field;
• Strong database design & development skills;
• Experience integrating systems via well-defined published and proprietary standards;
• FreeBSD (or Linux) OS level platform engineering skills, optimization, application ports/package installation, and appliance-oriented platform design. Driver-level hardware integration is a plus;
• Shell scripting skills to support upgrade, automation, and operations;
• Working knowledge of networking concepts, including routing, firewalls, load balancing, proxy services;
• Working knowledge of VOD and live streaming standards;
• Demonstrated ability to rapidly absorb new technologies and achieve stretch goals in an innovative, fast-paced environment;
• Experience with agile, iterative development practices, prototyping, and object-oriented design & development;
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment; and,
• Strong communications skills.
• 3-5 years hands-on development experience;
• 3+ years developing high-availability solutions on FreeBSD (or Linux) platforms using open source technologies (Apache, PostgreSQL, PHP, ZFS, FFmpeg, VLC, and similar.);
• Experience with video on demand / streaming media technologies; and,
• K-12 Ed-Tech product development experience.
SAFARI Montage offers a competitive salary and strong benefits plan, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending plans, 401(k) and more.
SAFARI Montage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
There are several ways to apply for a position at SAFARI Montage.
Submit your resume with cover letter and salary requirements via e-mail to email@example.com. Be sure to include the Job Code on the Subject line of your message.
Send your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to:
Attn: Job Code
P.O. Box 680
Conshohocken, PA 19428
You may also Fax your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to 610-645-4070. Please include the Job Code on the attention line of your cover letter and salary requirements.
No Phone Inquiries will be taken
SAFARI Montage is an Equal Opportunity Employer