Employment Position: Quality Assurance Manager: QAM-SP
SAFARI Montage is the leading K-12 Learning Object Repository, Video Streaming Library, IPTV & Live Media Streaming provider. The platform provides an interoperable foundation for teachers and students to access procured, created and curated educational digital resources, create playlists and integrate items into their LMS. The platform is IMS certified in LTI, Common Cartridge, OneRoster and CASE.
SAFARI Montage servers come preloaded with educational video titles tied to the curriculum from the industry's leading video publishers, which include Schlessinger Media, PBS, The History Channel, National Geographic, Scholastic, Disney Education, BBC and more.
We are currently searching for an experienced QA Manager with a proven track record of taking an ownership and leadership role in all aspects of Quality Assurance processes, including but not limited to continuous improvement, testing design and implementation, and managing a team of QA Analysts.
Reporting to the CIO, and based out of our W. Conshohocken, PA office, this position will have full ownership and leadership of all Quality Assurance processes through the following job duties:
- Manage and direct the efforts of the QA group, taking full ownership that all deliverables are released to specification and are of the highest quality;
- Ownership, design, and implementation of functional, regression, performance, and environmental testing and test scenarios to validate requirements and user acceptance criteria;
- Continuous improvement and increased efficiency of QA processes;
- Track, plan, and coordinate the resolution of defects to ensure defect assignments are resolved in a timely manner;
- Validate requirements and maintain various process successes/failures for future development and deployment;
- Work closely with development staff to resolve open issues related to application development;
- Work closely with tech support staff to resolve open issues relayed from end users;
- Responsibility for the overall success of the test effort and quality of the product;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field;
- 5-7 years of overall QA experience, with a minimum of 2 years in a QA management role;
- FreeBSD (or Linux) OS, LAMP stack, ports/package installation, configuration, and appliance-oriented server platform experience;
- Experience with audio/video encoding hardware and streaming media technologies is a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
SAFARI Montage offers competitive salaries and our benefits package includes medical/dental /vision coverage, a generous 401(k) plan, employer paid life insurance and group long term disability coverage.
SAFARI Montage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.