National Underground Railroad Freedom Center Chooses SAFARI Montage for Launch of Digital Media Brand for U.S. Schools
On-Demand Educational Videos to be Offered under “Underground Railroad Digital Media” Brand
Wynnewood, PA (September 11, 2008) - The National Underground Railroad Freedom Center (Freedom Center) announced today that it is launching its new “Underground Railroad Digital Media” brand to provide electronic access to its rich catalogue of educational videos. SAFARI Montage, a K-12 Video-On-Demand and Digital Media Management solution provider, has been chosen to distribute digital video content carrying this trademark.
“Underground Railroad Digital Media enables the Freedom Center to engage learners around the globe in a critical dialogue about freedom. Technology, today, removes the boundaries that have characterized communities throughout history; we are truly citizens of a global community. This new brand is a linchpin of our efforts to be a leader in this community’s discussions and activity on freedom issues,” said Donald W. Murphy, Chief Executive Officer of the Freedom Center.
SAFARI Montage will carry the Freedom Center’s K-12 video-based learning project- targeted to students and educators in grades 7-12 and correlates to state content standards in four subject areas: American History, Global Issues, Civics, and Social Studies-under the Underground Railroad Digital Media brand. Through SAFARI Montage, users can integrate the Freedom Center’s video content into playlists and multimedia lesson plans. Teacher’s Guides supporting the use of this content in the classroom are included.
The Underground Railroad Digital Media project is being made available, in part, through the generous support of Ariel Capital Management, LLC, the Ford Foundation, and the General Mills Foundation.
This unique collection of video content is available exclusively to K-12 audiences through SAFARI Montage. Some of the programs available include:
- Freedom Heroes – profiles of everyday people who have done extraordinary things to create change and promote freedom at home and abroad
- Freedom Stations – programs that feature historic Underground Railroad sites in places like Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan and New York and provide viewers with compelling information about the places and people and beliefs that were the Underground Railroad.
“This is a truly special gift to American school districts. We are pleased that the Freedom Center has chosen the SAFARI Montage platform to deliver its stirring and thought-provoking content,” said Andrew Schlessinger, Founder and CEO, SAFARI Montage.
About SAFARI Montage
SAFARI Montage is the award-winning, broadcast-quality, Video-On-Demand solution for schools and districts that comes preloaded with educational video titles from the industry’s leading video publishers, including Schlessinger Media, PBS, The History Channel, National Geographic, Scholastic, Disney Education, BBC, Sesame Street and more. SAFARI Montage WAN Manager — the only Wide Area Network Digital Media Management solution — provides maximum flexibility for a school district to control and manage all of their district’s digital video from a central location. This ground-breaking product gives school districts the ability to upload their own video content at the district level and easily disseminate it to all classrooms throughout the district. For more information about SAFARI Montage, please visit www.SAFARIMontage.com.
About the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
Situated in Cincinnati, Ohio, on the banks of the Ohio River, the Freedom Center celebrates the legacy of courage and multicultural cooperation embodied in the story of the Underground Railroad. Of equal importance, the Freedom Center uses a wide array of exhibits to educate the public about the historic and continuing struggle to establish universal freedom in both the U.S. and around the world. For additional information, contact 513.333.7500 or visit www.freedomcenter.org.
Chief Communications Officer
The Freedom Center
Director of Marketing
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement