Basic Software Upgrade Plan (SUP)
Make the most of your investment by keeping your system up-to-date with the latest software updates, standards & correlations updates, and time-saving innovations for your teachers.
NEW! Recent SAFARI Montage Updates Available via Basic SUP Include:
Learning Object Repository (LOR) Enhancements
NEW 7.4.50 SAFARI Montage Chrome™ Browser Extension
Save any learning object weblink directly into the LOR in one click
- Weblinks: Ingest any weblink, capturing URL, title and description (if available) and creating a thumbnail
- Google Docs: Ingest any Google Docs document, presentation or spreadsheet as a weblink or as a file, capturing both PDF and Microsoft Office formats and auto-populating the title with the file name and creating a thumbnail.
- YouTube: Ingest any YouTube link, creating an education friendly presentation and auto-capturing the title and copyright year, creating a description identifying the YouTube channel, and a thumbnail and placing this item in your Web Streaming Video search results tab.
- Google Slides: Ingest any single Google Slide to auto-create a SAFARI Montage Slate, capturing the slide title and, if available, the slide content as the description.
NEW 7.4.50 Usage Highlights & Reports
Instant access to Usage Highlights and Reports by Schools, by Content Package and by Uploads
- Dashboard access to visuals of key data & metrics, including total plays, logins, uploads, etc.
- Quickly capture usage data for select time ranges, plus compare usages for the current and previous school years, district-wide and by school.
NEW 7.4.50 Refined Title Restriction Controls
New Admin settings provide better control over student access to titles
- Restrict Student Access by Title by Grade
- Note: Requires LOR Lesson Presenter license
- Customize Grade Range setting for Packaged Content
- Block Access to any Video Segment in Packaged Content
- Bulk changes to various User Access Permissions by Title using Search Results
- Users have access to a library of over 108 Slates (25 New Slates!)
- Federated Search Access to Slates
- Convert any image or document in the LOR to a Slate
Lesson Resource Types
- Learning Resource Type (LRT) defines the intended use of a learning object or playlist for easier access when searching and include:
- Professional Development
- Challenge Playlist
- Review Playlist
- Teacher’s Guide
- Lesson Plan
Add to New Playlist Option
- Users can now start a new playlist from any learning object
- Mutual clients will have federated search access to Knovation's collection of 360,000 curated OERs and Free Resource web links from the LOR plus the ability to easily add these resources to playlists.
- Users will now find these resources sorted into the format tabs and can easily be added to any LMS. They will also be able to search for them by state standards.
- Requires LOR and Knovation subscription
- Search and Add Learning Objects and Playlists to itslearning course activities
- Add SAFARI Montage LOR resources directly from itslearning interface
- LOR resources can be embedded in course activities and played directly within the itslearning interface
- Requires LOR and itslearning subscription
Smart Infusion of Google Drive Resources to Schoology & D2L
- Streamlined Save & Add to Schoology and D2L from Google Drive
- Users can search for Google Drive resources within the LOR and choose to add directly to Schoology or D2L from search results page while simultaneously saving the item into the LOR to be managed
- Requires LOR subscription or Interoperability Support Services (ISS) license
One Roster v1.1 Support
- Enables class-based, roster-driven per resource permissions to third-party licensed content ingested into the LOR via Thin Common Cartridge
- Enables restrictions & permissions to allow only specific SAFARI Montage user types access to specific resources
- Allows Common Cartridges to be assigned & licensed to specific courses
- Requires LOR subscription + LOR Lesson Presenter (LLP) annual license
Video Streaming Library Additions
New Curated Free OERs
- 1,730 new curated Free and Open Educational Resources, all correlated to academic standards, including:
- Oyez Supreme Court Web Links
- National Endowment for the Humanities Lesson Plan Links
- Science Max Video Links
- Simple History Video Links
- Fresberg Cartoon Video Links
- Osmosis Video Links
- Basho & Friends Video Links
- NUMBERROCK Video Links
- Today in Georgia History Web Links
- Plus, new resources have been added to: CK-12 Foundation Weblinks Package, Crash Course Web Links, Mathispower4u Web Links, The New York Times Video Web Links, Numberphile Web Links, SciShow Kids Web Links, and TED-Ed Web Links.
- Updated Curriculum Standards and Correlations
Improved User Interface and Experience
Improved Mobile Device User Experience
- Enhanced Mobile Browser Experience for:
- Playlist Views
Improved Search Performance
- Search Refactored to Increase Response Speed
Improved Admin Features
Playlist Usage Admin Reporting
- Capture Total Playlist Plays by Month, School, Playlist, Object Name, Media Type and User
Auto-Converter FIFO Support
- Expanded flexibility allowing System Administrators to prioritize auto-conversions on a first in, first out basis; in addition to existing options to prioritize by last in, first out and school news
Improved Automated User Merging and School Migration
- Improved Automated User Merging and School Migration to reduce duplicate account issues.
For a quote and more information, call 800-843-4549 or email firstname.lastname@example.org