Newton County School System and SAFARI Montage Win IMS Global 2014 Learning Impact Gold Award
West Conshohocken, PA (May 20, 2014) - Newton County School System (NCSS), Georgia, and SAFARI Montage were awarded the 2014 Learning Impact Gold Award at the annual IMS Global Learning Impact Leadership Institute. The award recognizes the district’s outstanding achievement using VIEWPath classroom technology systems to increase teacher effectiveness, decrease student misbehavior and provide students with access to lessons from home.
“We have been thrilled with the educational benefits we have received using the VIEWPath System which includes the SAFARI Montage Learning Object Repository,” said Dr. Gary Shattuck, Director of Technology and Media Services at NCSS. “We are increasing teachers’ effectiveness through self-reflection and peer coaching. In addition, after controlling for other variables, our discipline referrals dropped 18%, and our tests scores are increasing significantly. We believe that the VIEWPath System is a game-changer for education.”
The VIEWPath systems, which consist of the SAFARI Montage platform coupled with Audio Enhancement’s voice amplification tools, silent alarms and classroom cameras, were implemented in 552 classrooms throughout NCSS in September 2013, following a successful pilot the previous year. Since the district-wide launch, NCSS teachers and administrators have been effectively utilizing the system to manage student behavior, record classroom activities and create digital resources to support blended learning and professional development.
The IMS Global Learning Impact Awards recognize the most powerful and influential uses of technology worldwide that address the most significant challenges facing the global education segment. Winners are selected by a panel of experts who use a series of rubrics to evaluate eight dimensions for improving teaching and learning impact, including improving access, affordability and quality of learning.
About Newton County School System
Based in Covington, Georgia, the Newton County School System serves the communities of Covington, Newborn, Mansfield, Oxford and Porterdale, and encompasses 23 schools, including 13 elementary, 1 K-8, 5 middle and 4 high schools. Headed by Superintendent Samantha Fuhrey, all Newton County schools meet the standards of the Georgia Department of Education and are fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Newton County students are recognized at the state and national level for excellence in academics, athletics, the arts and extracurricular activities.
About SAFARI Montage
SAFARI Montage provides K-12 school districts with a fully integrated Digital Learning Platform, including a Learning Object Repository, Video Streaming Library, IPTV and Live Media Streaming, designed to handle video efficiently. The solution is IMS Global interoperability standards certified working with virtually all classroom technology, mobile devices and district systems. The full suite of integrated modules provides a single interface for users to access and manage all digital, visual resources from within the school district network or from home.
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement