Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
District to have one integrated solution for live and recorded digital media streaming and storage
Wynnewood, PA (October 5, 2011) - Denver Public Schools (DPS), the nation’s 44th largest district, has selected SAFARI Montage as the provider for both its Streaming Media content and Digital Media Management platform. After a year-long, in-depth bid evaluation process, the school district awarded SAFARI Montage with a 3-year contract to provide these services to all of the district’s schools. The SAFARI Montage award-winning suite of hardware and software modules is a fully integrated solution that offers a variety of administrative and educational tools to manage and deliver digital media intelligently throughout the school district. DPS administrators, teachers and students will use a single interface for accessing their classroom media and visual instruction resources.
SAFARI Montage is excited by the opportunity to supply their state-of-the-art video-on-demand and digital media management solution to one of the best urban school systems in the country. This partnership will give DPS’ 80,000+ students access to outstanding K-12 educational content from the finest publishers in the world, including PBS, BBC, National Geographic, The History Channel, BIO, Disney Educational, Schlessinger Media, Scholastic and many more. And the SAFARI Montage Managed Home Access module will extend all of DPS’ digital resources beyond the classroom and into the homes of teachers for lesson planning and professional development.
“SAFARI Montage was selected by DPS through a very thorough and competitive bid process, and we believe they will be a great partner with our district. They have excellent content and resources that will be welcome additions to our classrooms, and the SAFARI Montage team has been very supportive of and responsive to our needs,” said Kipp Bentley, Director of Educational Technology at Denver Public Schools.
"What has struck me in getting to know Denver Public Schools is how well their departments work together. This spirit of collaboration will undoubtedly pave the way for the successful implementation of SAFARI Montage’s Streaming Media and Digital Media Distribution solution,” said Andrew Schlessinger, Co-Founder and CEO of SAFARI Montage.
For more information about SAFARI Montage, the total solution for digital media networks, please visit www.SAFARIMontage.com.
About SAFARI Montage
SAFARI Montage provides K-12 school districts with a comprehensive solution for their digital media networking and visual instruction needs. The full suite of integrated products provides a single interface for accessing all visual resources from inside the school district intranet or from home. The award-winning SAFARI Montage Video-On-Demand and Digital Media Management enterprise solution is designed to cut costs for school districts by utilizing intelligent digital media delivery, while facilitating visual instruction and learning in the classroom. SAFARI Montage servers come preloaded with educational video titles tied to the curriculum from the industry’s leading video publishers. In addition, SAFARI Montage provides the ability for school districts to easily upload and manage their own digital video and other content, and disseminate it to all classrooms throughout the district. With the introduction of its Pathways SM module, SAFARI Montage now provides a solution for districts to control, manage and schedule classroom and district devices.
About Denver Public Schools
Widely recognized today as one of the best urban school systems in the country, Denver Public Schools serves the residents of the City and County of Denver, Colorado. The district serves over 80,000 students at 162 schools, including 79 Elementary, 16 K-8, 16 Middle, 12 traditional High, 30 Charter and 10 Alternative, including 6 intensive pathway schools. DPS is committed to making Denver a national leader in student achievement, high school graduation, college and career preparation, and college matriculation.
Marketing Information Manager
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement