Library Video Company Releases SAFARI Montage WAN Manager - A Digital Media Management Solution for School Districts
Philadelphia, PA (October 3, 2006) - Library Video Company announced last week at the National Media Market Conference in Phoenix, AZ, the release of SAFARI Montage WAN Manager — the only video-on-demand system for school districts and Regional Media Centers (RMCs) that can handle true Digital Media Management over a Wide Area Network (WAN). This exceptional software centralizes all video-on-demand functions and utilizes a WAN to deliver and manage digital media to every school – regardless of each school’s bandwidth. It is the only complete video-on-demand solution comprised of premier content, flexible software and powerful hardware that is designed to be centrally housed and managed by the district.
Many school districts are already using the award-winning SAFARI Montage WAN Manager digital delivery solution:
|- Chicago Public Schools, Chicago, IL|
- Plano ISD, TX
- USD 305, Salina, KS
- San Diego County, San Diego, CA
- LaCrosse SD, La Crosse, WI
- Southwest ISD, San Antonio, TX
|- White Settlement School District, White Settlement, TX|
- McKinney ISD, McKinney, TX
- New York Institute of Technology, NY
- Baldwin Park School District, CA
- San Joaquin School District, CA
- Forsyth ISD, Forsyth, GA
SAFARI Montage WAN Manager provides the unique ability to store, manage and access digital video assets from one central location. In addition to the licensed video packages included in SAFARI Montage, districts can create, upload, store, disseminate and manage their own digital video (created by a teacher, district or RMC personnel), such as teacher training videos (professional development), other licensed programs, superintendent speeches, student-created projects, original school video, ancillary support documents and broadcast recordings.
“The days of duplicating videotapes at a school district are numbered. Districts and RMCs no longer need to shuttle video tapes to schools since this process can be accomplished more efficiently via digital video delivery. Districts simply need to ensure that they have the rights to do so,” said Andrew Schlessinger, CEO of Library Video Company.
SAFARI Montage WAN Manager provides all of the tools needed to meet the particular requirements of the school district, including the management of still imagery such as maps, photos and graphics, audio recordings, text files such as teacher’s guides, lesson plans and more.
About Library Video Company
Founded in 1985 by Andrew Schlessinger, Library Video Company (LVC) is the largest distributor of educational media to schools and libraries nationwide, and it recently introduced the award-winning video-on-demand system, SAFARI Montage. This broadcast quality, digital video delivery solution for schools and districts comes preloaded with educational video titles from the industry’s leading video publishers, including LVC’s own award-winning Schlessinger Media library. SAFARI Montage WAN Manager — the only Wide Area Network Digital Media Management solution — provides maximum flexibility for a school district to control and manage all of their district’s digital video from a central location. This ground-breaking product gives school districts the ability to upload their own video content at the district and easily disseminate it to all classrooms throughout the district. For more information about SAFARI Montage, go to www.SAFARIMontage.com.
Director of Marketing
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement