Plano ISD Selects SAFARI Montage WAN Manager as Their District-Wide Video-on-Demand Solution
Philadelphia, PA (December 7, 2006) - Library Video Company today announced that Plano Independent School District (ISD) has selected the award-winning SAFARI Montage as their video-on-demand solution for the entire school district. Plano ISD’s goal to improve visual learning in the classrooms of this technology-driven Dallas suburb via digital technology will be achieved by using SAFARI Montage WAN Manager – the only WAN-based video-on-demand and digital media management solution for schools.
SAFARI Montage has taken off in Plano! Even before implementing a district training program for teachers, word of mouth from librarians has already produced impressive usage statistics. This product is full of educational content not available anywhere else, and it can be linked directly into our online curriculum with a persistent URL. Combining superb video resolution with no buffering time and closed-captioning feature makes SAFARI Montage a first choice for more and more teachers. With the CreationStation feature, we can add district-created or other curriculum content to make it easy and fast to provide the right content at the right time. It is easy to upload, segment and make available quickly to our students and teachers.
Plano ISD selected SAFARI Montage as its district-wide solution because of the high-quality content providers, the powerful and flexible system management, and for its ability to integrate into Plano’s online curriculum system.
“We are proud that Plano ISD, one of the most progressive school districts in the country, chose our video-on-demand solution. Plano’s particularly high-bandwidth to all of their schools made them an ideal candidate for SAFARI Montage WAN Manager,” said Andrew Schlessinger, CEO of Library Video Company.
According to Plano ISD officials, for nearly a decade, the ISD community has actively supported the use of technology resources in communication, teaching and learning, and the administration of school support services. The selection and implementation of SAFARI Montage WAN Manager and CreationStation into their school district helps to achieve these goals.
The SAFARI Montage WAN Manager district solution is a ground-breaking new system that centralizes all video-on-demand functions and utilizes a Wide Area Network (WAN) to manage digital media and deliver it to every school – regardless of each school’s Intranet bandwidth. It is a complete video-on demand solution comprised of premier content, flexible software and powerful hardware, all centrally managed by the Plano district.
About Plano Independent School DistrictPlano ISD’s 67 schools feature award-winning architecture, state-of-the-art technology and well-maintained grounds. As beacons of knowledge in our masterfully planned and celebrated Plano community, our schools and administrative facilities house our more than 51,000 students and 7,000 employees. Plano ISD provides curriculum, instructional programs and services that enhance each student’s academic and personal potential, resulting in successful graduates. For more information about Plano ISD, go to www.pisd.edu.
About Library Video Company
Founded in 1985 by Andrew Schlessinger, Library Video Company (LVC) is the largest distributor of educational media to schools and libraries nationwide, and recently introduced SAFARI Montage. This award-winning, broadcast-quality video-on-demand solution for schools and districts comes preloaded with educational video titles from the industry’s leading video publishers including LVC’s own award-winning Schlessinger Media library. SAFARI Montage WAN Manager – the only Wide Area Network Digital Media Management solution – provides maximum flexibility for a school district to control and manage all of their district’s digital video from a central location. This ground-breaking product gives school districts the ability to upload their own video content at the district level and easily disseminate it to all classrooms throughout the district. For more information about SAFARI Montage, go to www.SAFARIMontage.com.
Director of Marketing
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement