Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools Awards SAFARI Montage With Video-On-Demand and Digital Media Management Contract
Philadelphia, PA (October 4, 2007) - Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools (MNPS), the 49th largest school district in the U.S., awarded a 5-year contract to Library Video Company (LVC) to equip all of its 135 schools with SAFARI Montage WAN Manager, the award-winning, WAN-based, Video-On-Demand and digital media management system.
“After a thorough analysis of proposals from Library Video Company and another leading online video resource company, the Evaluation Panel from MNPS selected SAFARI Montage because it scored significantly higher in several critical areas,” said Margie Johnson, Instructional Technology Specialist, of MNPS.
The first critical area in which Library Video Company scored higher in the proposal process was that it had greater experience with the server-based solution in more of the nation’s top school districts, including Baltimore County Public Schools and Chicago Public Schools. These districts have experienced dramatic improvements in their ability to provide high quality digital video resources to their classrooms despite Internet bandwidth limitations in many of their schools.
To ensure a quick and smooth implementation, one of the critical technical requirements of the MNPS RFP was that the user and administrative account management be implemented via MNPS’ standard network security protocols and LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) structure. LVC met this critical requirement whereas the other online video resource company could not.
“School districts like MNPS that have low-bandwidth and high-bandwidth connections on their Wide Area Network have discovered that a fully-integrated digital media management solution is a technological and instructional imperative,” said Tim Beekman, President of SAFARI Video Networks, a division of Library Video Company. “As a visionary district, MNPS clearly understood these technological and curricular needs.”.”
SAFARI Montage will be accessible by every MNPS school. There are 74 elementary schools, 35 middle schools, 15 high schools and 9 other special schools.
About Library Video Company
Founded in 1985 by Andrew Schlessinger, Library Video Company (LVC) is the largest distributor of educational media to schools and libraries nationwide, and recently introduced SAFARI Montage. This award-winning, broadcast-quality, Video-On-Demand solution for schools and districts comes preloaded with educational video titles from the industry’s leading video publishers, including LVC’s own award-winning Schlessinger Media library. SAFARI Montage WAN Manager — the only Wide Area Network Digital Media Management solution — provides maximum flexibility for a school district to control and manage all of their district’s digital video from a central location. This ground-breaking product gives school districts the ability to upload their own video content at the district level and easily disseminate it to all classrooms throughout the district. For more information about SAFARI Montage, go to www.SAFARIMontage.com.
About Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools
Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools is where dedicated professionals are helping more than 74,000 students prepare for the future. Within 74 elementary schools, 35 middle schools and 15 high schools, plus other special schools, students and teachers are making great achievements every day. MNPS offers exciting educational opportunities and stimulating learning environments. The focus is on students as individuals, each with unique needs and capabilities. MNPS constantly pursues new initiatives to help all students reach higher goals. For more information about MNPS, go to www.mnps.org.Sales contact:
Fred Whitehouse, Sales Director
Director of Marketing
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement