SAFARI Montage Brings the Visual Dictionary from QA International to K-12 in a New Interactive Version
6,000 interactive images supporting the whole curriculum
Wynnewood, PA (October 6, 2008) - A spectacular print resource is now available in a new networked interactive digital version and running on SAFARI Montage, the leading digital media management and video-on- demand solution. The Visual Dictionary is a unique, interactive reference tool supporting all K-12 subjects that extends the boundaries of traditional dictionaries and brings visual instruction to new heights.
Through the SAFARI Montage system, users throughout the school and district can access over 6,000 illustrations, 14,000 terms written and spoken in English and Spanish and definitions of these terms written in English, and integrate these vivid illustrations into playlists and multimedia lesson plans. This reference tool also allows users to test their vocabulary through stimulating exercises and will enhance any visual learning experience.
“We are very proud to launch the Visual Dictionary on the SAFARI Montage network as this will bring an exciting new dimension to learning in schools. We are also pleased that SAFARI Montage shares our company’s dedication to excellence and quality in creating innovative products,” Caroline Fortin, Publisher and Vice-President of QA International.
“Questions such as ‘what is that thing called?’ or ‘what does that gizmo do?’ are answered by The Visual Dictionary, and students and teachers will love referring to it over and over,” said Andrew Schlessinger, CEO of SAFARI Montage. He added, “In addition, every term is not only spoken in English, but in Spanish, as well, making it an unmatched ESL and foreign language instruction tool.”
The Visual Dictionary covers a broad range of subject areas that will help teachers easily find the right resources to increase student understanding.
Art & Music
Career & Technical Education
Clothing & Personal Articles
Community & Society
Family & Consumer Sciences
|Geography & Geology|
Plants & Trees
Sports & Games
The Visual Dictionary adds value to any classroom for today’s digital learners. It is a complete reference tool that can be used for General Education purposes, as well as Career and Technical Education. It is also a great resource for English Language Learners because it allows a user to see and hear the names of all objects and their components in both English and Spanish. Additionally, The Visual Dictionary is a great resource for use with Interactive Whiteboards.
For more information on The Visual Dictionary or any other content packages from SAFARI Montage, please visit www.safarimontage.com or call 800-843-4549.
About SAFARI Montage
Library Video Company’s SAFARI Montage system is the award-winning, broadcast-quality, Video-On-Demand solution for school districts comes preloaded with educational video titles from the industry’s leading video publishers, including Schlessinger Media, PBS, The History Channel, National Geographic, Scholastic, Disney Education, BBC, Sesame Street and more. SAFARI Montage WAN Manager — the only Wide Area Network Digital Media Management solution — provides maximum flexibility for a school district to upload and manage all of their district’s digital video from a central location. This ground-breaking product gives school districts the ability to upload their own video content at the district level and easily disseminate it to all classrooms throughout the district. www.SAFARIMontage.com.
About QA International
QA INTERNATIONAL is a leading publisher and creator of visually innovative reference works. Recognized as a pioneer for designing and publishing outstanding products for the international market, QA INTERNATIONAL has earned a solid reputation among partners around the world. Renowned for its remarkable design, eye-catching illustrations and solid content, QA INTERNATIONAL is the leader when it comes to visually innovative reference content. For more information about the company, visit www.qa-international.com.
Director of Marketing
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement