SAFARI Montage and Sesame Workshop Bring Sesame Street Digital Segments Directly Into School Classrooms and Libraries
Philadelphia, PA (October 10, 2005) - Library Video Company and SAFARI Video Networks announced today that yet another premier educational video publisher has joined the SAFARI Montage family. Sesame Workshop is the latest publisher to join the esteemed Scholastic, Weston Woods Studios, BBC Worldwide, Disney Educational Productions, A&E Home Video, National Geographic Digital Media, PBS, WGBH Boston and Schlessinger Media on SAFARI Montage – the broadcast-quality, plug & play, video-on-demand server for schools and libraries.
SAFARI Montage provides schools with digital access to their choice of outstanding educational video content, which now includes segments on numeracy, phonetics and the seasons from the most trusted name in children’s preschool programming, Sesame Street.
SAFARI Montage is a unique new product that manages digital video for schools or school districts. The server overcomes the problems associated with streaming and supports over 55 concurrent users in a building without degrading a school’s Internet connection. All programs can be searched and played by segments and a remarkable Shared Playlist feature gives unprecedented control for professional development.
“We are very honored that Sesame Workshop has chosen SAFARI Montage as a vehicle for reaching students with their digital video segments,” said Andrew Schlessinger, CEO of Library Video Company and SAFARI Video Networks. “We have worked with them to select their finest segments which are relevant for kindergarten and first grade.”
“As a nonprofit educational organization, we are thrilled to have found such an innovative distribution platform for our engaging video content,” said Scott Chambers, Vice President of Publishing, Home Video and Audio for Sesame Workshop. “Reaching children, caregivers and teachers with relevant and age-appropriate materials has been one of our primary objectives since 1969, and SAFARI Montage does so in an incredibly exciting and efficient way using today’s latest technologies.”
About Library Video Company/SAFARI Video Networks
Founded in 1985 by Andrew Schlessinger, Library Video Company is the leading distributor of educational video to schools and public libraries nationwide. The Company stocks more than 18,000 titles that cover all subjects for all grades. Each program has been carefully reviewed and selected for content that is appropriate for the classroom and public library setting. In its 20th year, the Company continues to be the forerunner in educational media distribution through its commitment to providing schools and libraries with new titles, new services and new product formats. Library Video Company supports the efforts of educators with the No Child Left Behind Act, and www.LibraryVideo.com has set the standard for efficient media collection management online. SAFARI Video Networks, a newly acquired subsidiary of Library Video Company, is the leading provider of video networking solutions for education. SAFARI Video Networks offers schools a range of video networking products, including the first truly open digital video-on-demand system; video conferencing for distance education and professional development, school news and security; local video creation uploading and many other products. SAFARI Video Networks will provide schools, districts and states with a choice of the best new video programs digitally from Library Video Company’s vast network of the finest educational video publishers and distributors, including the award-winning Schlessinger Media content library. More information is available at www.SAFARIMontage.com.
About Sesame Workshop
Sesame Workshop is a nonprofit educational organization making a meaningful difference in children’s lives around the world. Founded in 1968, the Workshop changed television forever with the legendary Sesame Street. Today, the Workshop continues to innovate on behalf of children in 120 countries, using its proprietary research methodology to ensure that its programs and products are engaging and enriching. Sesame Workshop is behind award-winning programs like Dragon Tales, Sagwa, the Chinese Siamese Cat and Pinky Dinky Doo, and groundbreaking multimedia productions in South Africa, Egypt and Russia. As a nonprofit, Sesame Workshop puts the proceeds it receives from sales of Sesame Street, Dragon Tales and Sagwa products right back into its educational projects for children around the world. Find the workshop online at www.sesameworkshop.org.
Director of Marketing
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement