Baltimore County Public Schools Installs SAFARI Montage WAN Manager In Every School
Philadelphia, PA (February 8, 2007) - Library Video Company today announced that Baltimore County Public Schools (BCPS) has selected the award-winning SAFARI Montage system as their Video-On-Demand and Digital Media Management solution for all 169 schools, centers and programs. BCPS, one of the top 25 school districts in the country, will use SAFARI Montage WAN Manager and CreationStation to create and disseminate professional development to schools. In addition, BCPS now has the ability to integrate its online learning systems and the programs from their television station, The Education Channel, with Video-On-Demand.
The true integration of SAFARI Montage WAN Manager into BCPS’s current technologies solidifies the goal to support classroom learning objectives for all students. BCPS selected SAFARI Montage as its district-wide solution because of its ability to integrate with their existing technology advancements in the classroom, including whiteboards, closed-captioning, online curriculum guides, research models and central playlists that are tied into content for all schools to access. This VOD solution was also selected for its high-quality and popular educational video content.
“Our school system is proud to have won local, national, and even international awards for its use of technology in furthering student achievement,” said Dr. Joe A. Hairston, Superintendent of Baltimore County Public Schools. “It is important for us to provide our staff and students with technology that supports the essential teaching and learning process taking place in our classrooms every day. We are always interested in technology that is user-friendly and proven effective and that provides staff with the flexibility to meet students’ needs.”
“We are extremely pleased to be able to meet the needs of BCPS,” said Tim Beekman, President of Safari Video Networks. “BCPS joins a growing list of other top school districts who have adopted SAFARI Montage WAN Manager including Chicago Public Schools, Plano ISD and Forsyth County Schools. BCPS needed a completely customizable solution, and with a server in every school, SAFARI Montage WAN Manager will provide the flexible and scalable solution that it needs. With the store and forward device to receive digital video overnight from the central server, up to 55 concurrent users will receive programming at optimal peak performance.”
About Baltimore County Public Schools
As one of the nation's top 25 largest school districts, Baltimore County Public Schools educates more than 106,000 students each year. Over the past several years, BCPS has increased academic rigor – creating a culture of higher expectation and broader opportunity for all. As a result, BCPS has consistently raised student achievement. Supporting this success is the Blueprint for Progress, a foundational document created by Superintendent Dr. Joe A. Hairston that unites staff and stakeholders with common beliefs, priorities and goals. In addition, BCPS continues to garner national and international recognition for its use of technology to support and enhance teaching and learning and for the excellence of its high schools and fine arts instruction. For additional information on Baltimore County Public Schools, please visit www.bcps.org.
About Library Video Company
About Library Video Company
Founded in 1985 by Andrew Schlessinger, Library Video Company (LVC) is the largest distributor of educational media to schools and libraries nationwide, and recently introduced SAFARI Montage. This award-winning, broadcast quality, Video-On-Demand solution for schools and districts comes preloaded with educational video titles from the industry’s leading video publishers, including LVC’s own award-winning Schlessinger Media library. SAFARI Montage WAN Manager — the only Wide Area Network Digital Media Management and Video-On-Demand solution for schools — provides maximum flexibility for a school district to control and manage all of their district’s digital video from a central location. This ground-breaking product gives school districts the ability to upload their own video content at the district and easily disseminate it to all classrooms throughout the district. For more information about SAFARI Montage, go to www.SAFARIMontage.com.
Director of Marketing
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement