Employment Position: Senior Systems Administrator: SR-SA
SAFARI Montage is the leading K-12 Learning Object Repository, Video Streaming Library, IPTV & Live Media Streaming provider. The platform provides an interoperable foundation for teachers and students to access procured, created and curated educational digital resources, create playlists and integrate items into their LMS. The platform is IMS certified in LTI, Common Cartridge, OneRoster and CASE.
SAFARI Montage servers come preloaded with educational video titles tied to the curriculum from the industry's leading video publishers, which include Schlessinger Media, PBS, The History Channel, National Geographic, Scholastic, Disney Education, BBC and more.
- Primary responsibility for design, architecture, and management of company’s enterprise server, storage, and systems infrastructure; including use of cloud-based infrastructure to meet internal needs and those of our hosted SAFARI Montage services;
- Analyze system load, security, and configuration requirements to deliver the optimal system solutions for SAFARI Montage application development - both on premise and cloud-based;
- Design, implement and manage cloud-based infrastructure operating on Azure, Amazon Web Services, Office 365, Google Apps, and similar;
- Design and manage company physical and virtualized VMware server install base; enterprise storage and SAN/NAS infrastructure;
- Design, implement and manage enterprise backup solutions for data security on every level of SAFARI Montage infrastructure, on premises and cloud-based;
- Maintain hardware, software and security policies on all company server systems;
- Conduct periodic analyses of new technologies and offerings pursuant to outlining recommendations in infrastructure, storage and application solutions;
- Work in conjunction with Team Members to develop SAFARI Montage hosted services into a highly-available, secure, and robust education market solution;
- Provide general IT support and work with Development team on projects as required; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other discipline;
- Senior IT professional with a minimum of 5 years enterprise-level, hands on infrastructure management experience;
- Thorough knowledge of server/cloud infrastructure serving the needs of enterprise systems, architecting and implementing same;
- Enterprise-level Microsoft infrastructure experience, including Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, Exchange/Email, SQL Server, and similar;
- Direct experience managing multi-server virtual environments;
- Large-scale SAN management experience, preferably employing NetApp or equivalent; and,
- Experience with wide area network management of firewalls, routers, switches and Enterprise Linux administration experience, including database, web, and network services is preferred.
Director of IT
How to Apply
There are several ways to apply for a position at SAFARI Montage.
Submit your resume with cover letter and salary requirements via e-mail to email@example.com. Be sure to include the Job Code on the Subject line of your message.
Send your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to:
Attn: Job Code
P.O. Box 680
Conshohocken, PA 19428
You may also Fax your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to 610-645-4070. Please include the Job Code on the attention line of your cover letter and salary requirements.
No Phone Inquiries will be taken
SAFARI Montage is an Equal Opportunity Employer