Mike Mellon Joins SAFARI Video Networks
Wynnewood, PA (May 31, 2005) - Today, SAFARI Video Networks, a subsidiary of Library Video Company, announced the appointment of Mike Mellon to the newly created position of Director of West Coast Digital Systems, effective July 1. In this position, Mr. Mellon will oversee the West Coast sales efforts of SAFARI Video Networks products, the leading provider of digital video networking solutions, as well as its video-on-demand server, SAFARI Montage.
“Mike Mellon is one of the most respected visionaries in educational technology today, and we are honored to have him on our team,” said Andrew Schlessinger, President & CEO of Library Video Company.
”Library Video Company and SAFARI Video Networks are involved in the most exciting advances in educational video networks I have seen in years”, said Mike Mellon. “They have effectively put together a complete solution for school districts concerned with having superior visual education tools,” he added.
Mellon most recently held the leadership position of Director, Instructional Resources and Technology, at the Department of the Monterey County Office of Education in California. In this role, he administered a wide range of services to over 130 school sites in the areas of online resources, staff development using technology and digital video and VHS distribution. In addition, he provided for Resource Centers, television programming from the department’s television station, and the coordination and staff development in mathematics and science content areas.
During his teaching years, Mellon held many leadership positions such as department and division chairs, curriculum developer and magnet school lead. He then became active in statewide leadership roles in technology acquisition and implementation and became very successful in the procurement of multimillion dollar grants.
“Mike’s background in teaching, knowledge of state-of-the-art technology used in education and his 20 years of experience as a public school administrator is an invaluable combination of assets to SAFARI,” said Timothy R. Beekman, President of SAFARI Video Networks. He added, “The technology SAFARI has developed is designed to support the classroom educator. We look forward to what Mike’s expertise and unique visionary style will bring to our digital video networking efforts, and how his landmark contributions of the past will strengthen our reach on the West Coast.”
About Library Video Company/SAFARI Video Networks
Founded in 1985 by Andrew Schlessinger, Library Video Company is the leading distributor of educational video to schools and public libraries nationwide. The Company stocks over 18,000 titles covering all subjects for all grades. Each program has been carefully reviewed and selected for content that is appropriate for the classroom and public library setting. In its 20th year, the Company continues to be the forerunner in educational media distribution through its commitment to providing schools and libraries with new titles, new services and new product formats. Library Video Company supports the efforts of educators with the No Child Left Behind Act and LibraryVideo.com has set the standard for efficient media collection management online. SAFARI Video Networks, a newly acquired subsidiary of Library Video Company, is the leading provider of video networking solutions for education.
SAFARI Video Networks offers schools a range of video networking products, including the first truly open digital video-on-demand system; video conferencing for distance education and professional development, school news, and security; local video creation uploading and many other products. SAFARI Video Networks will provide schools, districts and states with a choice of the best new video programs digitally from Library Video Company’s vast network of the finest educational video publishers and distributors, including the award-winning Schlessinger Media content library. More information is available at www.SAFARIMontage.com.
Director of Marketing
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement